How to Buy a Headstone
Selecting a memorial is an important step of the healing process. There are several details to consider, and the process can feel overwhelming and challenging. This article will walk you through what to expect. By understanding the design options, timeline, and what questions you should ask, the process can be simple and manageable.
Cemeteries have rules and regulations that will determine the type of memorial you can purchase, and how it is designed. Therefore, we recommend you call your cemetery first. Below is a list of questions for reference.
Questions to ask your cemetery:
- What kind of monuments can I purchase?
- What are the minimum and maximum dimensions permitted?
- Are there are restrictions for the bronze/granite color?
- Fees & Additional Services:
- Do they allow a 3rd party to handle foundation and/or installation services?
- Are there other fees associated with having a memorial installed?
Design and Layout
We will help you to choose a memorial that adheres to the cemetery guidelines, and works within your budget.
There are many design options to create a memorial that reflects the life of your loved one. Borders and panels can be decorative with floral or religious designs. Emblems highlight the interests of the person, or they can be symbolic. The inscription includes the person’s name, birth-date, date of death and epitaph. The epitaph is a short statement honoring the deceased.
For more headstone options, please see headstone selections. Or, stop by to check out our inventory.
What timeline can I expect?
The entire process can take as little as 3 weeks or more than 4 months.
What factors affect the timeline
- The type of memorial selected: if the monument is not in-stock, shipping can take up to 6-12 weeks;
- Receiving approval from the cemetery;
- Creating the Memorial: will typically take 1-2 weeks as there are a lot of details and labor involved.
At TimeStone Monument, we offer a wide selection of Granite headstones and memorials. Need a price quote? Call us at 215-410-2352.
Why Choose TimeStone Monument?
We are family owned and operated and have more than 30 years experience. We serve Pennsylvania, New Jersey, New York, Delaware, Maryland, and the surrounding areas. At Timestone Monument, you can expect excellent customer service, quality headstones, and unsurpassed craftsmanship. We have a large inventory on-site with a variety of granite headstones, flat gray markers, benches, and slant memorials. Our experienced staff perform all work onsite, using the newest laser etching and automatic sandblasting technology.